In this episode of the Duct Tape Marketing Podcast, I interview Steve Hoffman, also known as Captain Hoff. Steve is the CEO of Founders Space, one of the world’s leading startup accelerators with over 50 partners in 22 countries. Founders Space was ranked the #1 incubator for overseas startups by Forbes and Entrepreneur Magazines. Steve is also the author of Surviving a Startup: Practical Strategies for Starting a Business, Overcoming Obstacles, and Coming Out on Top.
Over 90 percent of all new start-ups fail. Every entrepreneur must face this harsh reality and learn to master it if they hope to survive and wind up on top. In the episode, I talk with CEO of Founders Space, Steve Hoffman about the tumultuous journey of launching a startup and revealing what it takes to make it. We dive into how to avoid mistakes, overcome obstacles, and master the skills necessary to make the right choices along their path to success.
Questions I ask Steve Hoffman:
- [2:30] How did you get into the business of advising start-ups?
- [3:49] How would you define the difference between a startup and somebody starting a business?
- [5:04] So in the beginning, even with the bigger vision, are there different challenges?
- [7:46] What is your first question when someone comes in looking for funding?
- [10:27] Should everyone get funding?
- [12:50] What are some of the secrets to effectively growing a team?
- [15:05] Do you think that the no headquarters model is going to impact startups going forward?
- [17:14] Are there any traits that you think make somebody more likely to succeed?
- [18:05] How does the Founder Space operate?
- [20:21] Where can people find out more about your programs and your book?
More About Steve Hoffman:
More About Duct Tape Marketing Consultant Network:
Like this show? Click on over and give us a review on iTunes, please!
This episode of the Duct Tape Marketing Podcast is brought to you by the HubSpot Podcast Network.
HubSpot Podcast Network is the audio destination for business professionals who seek the best education and inspiration on how to grow a business.
7 Steps to Scale Your Consulting Practice Without Adding Overhead
The Duct Tape Marketing Consultant Network has helped me to grow my business by over 40% in the last 12 months. ~ Michael Quinn – Michael Quinn Agency, Fargo, ND