According to a study by Sagefrog Marketing Group, this is the most current 2022 B2B Marketing Mix.
B2B brands are well-organized—70% have a formal marketing plan. And, of those polled, 51% use both in-house and outsourced resources, while 41% do everything in-house. 8% rely totally on outsourcing.
The top B2B objectives for 2022 are:
- Increasing Brand Awareness
- Increasing Sales Leads
- Driving Website Traffic
- Converting Leads to Customers
- Producing Thought Leadership
58% of B2B marketers plan to increase their marketing budgets this year, while 38% will hold steady. Only 4% foresee a decrease. This continues the steady rise seen over the past two years.
B2B Marketers are increasing their marketing spend:
- Website Development — 41%
- Digital Marketing — 37%
- Social Media — 34%
- Branding — 27%
- Content Marketing — 26%
- Advertising (e.g., Google) — 22%
- Trade show & Events — 21%
- Email Marketing — 18%
- Marketing Automation & CRM Software — 17%
- Public Relations — 14%
- Marketing & Sales Collateral — 12%
- Direct Marketing & Print Advertising — 11%
- Marketing Planning & Strategy — 9%
- Video Marketing — 8%
The 2022 B2B marketing mix in terms of driving sales and marketing leads:
- Referrals — 54%
- Social Media — 43%
- Email Marketing — 35%
- Inbound & Content Marketing — 31%
- Tradeshows & Events — 28%
- Search Engine Marketing (SEM) — 26%
- Public Relations — 13%
- Telemarketing — 11%
- Direct Mail — 10%
- Other — 7% (Other includes network events, clutch reviews and outbound sales).
- Print Advertising — 6%
Most-used B2B social media channels:
- Do not use Social Media—2%
A targeted multi-dimensional marketing list makes it happen
The key to a successful B2B marketing mix is the importance of marketing through multiple channels. And – making it valuable and cost-effective.
Businesses need so many products and services. It’s up to a B2B marketer to reach out and let other business owners know what they can offer them.
For example, let’s take direct mail, telemarketing and email. A business can select a great list of prospects and reach out to them through all of these channels. A great targeted business list can include all of these important contactors – the mailing information, phone number and email data.
Anything a B2B marketer does needs to make an impression. Creative direct mail, a smart phone call, well-written email. Combine those 3 channels and your business can generate more than half of your incoming leads!